Back to school can be an exciting time, but it can also be a stressful time. I’ve created a comprehensive 70 page guide that will help get you through the lead up to school starting as well as the beginning of the year with your new class. In this document, you’ll find a variety of different resources, activities and checklists to help you plan your return to school with less stress. The goal of this document is to help you get yourself organized and to give you something that you can follow each year going forward so that you stay organized and never lose sleep the night before school starts because you forgot to do something important…!
Many pages are EDITABLE! I have 70 pages of information I added in, but the document is over 100 pages including the editable ones. I gave you the information that I follow, but not everybody does the same thing. If you do things differently, you can change the pages to meet your needs! There are also visuals included – hopefully it can give seasoned teachers some new ideas, or new teachers ideas on where to start.
- Classroom Setup (to do/to make lists, class checklist template, editable bathroom signout, daily plans for setup, new teacher guide and MORE)
- Routines (includes 9 routines and option to add more)
- Attention Getters (includes 6 and option to add more)
- Parent Communication (first day of school introductory letter, questionnaire, communication methods and MORE)
- Activities (includes 9 French activities, some with multiple versions)
- Games (includes 10 games and option to add more)
- Literacy Block (how to introduce concepts, 60 minute period breakdown, focus work, writing units, extras and resources)
- Math Block (how to introduce math talks, 60 minute period breakdown, focus work, extras and resources)
- Transitioning from “Back to School” to “School”