This French Petite souris, où es-tu? game is great for students in Early French Immersion or early years of Core French. They are great to familiarize students with sight words and to practice reading them. Great to use in your literacy centres! Includes 19 vocabulary words – both a photo version and a word version.
How to play:
- Have students close their eyes and put their heads down.
- Hide the mouse under one of the cards.
- Students chant: Petite souris, Petite souris où es-tu?
- Choose a student to say a word. If they successfully read the word, turn over the card to see if the mouse is hiding under the word
- If the mouse is there, start a new round! If the mouse isn’t there, turn the card face down and continue