This emergent reader is designed to help beginner French readers build fluency through patterned stories. This text follows a predictable pattern using a specific sentence stem (je vois). This book is perfect for shared reading and/or guided reading! This resource includes a big teacher book (for whole class reading) and 2 versions of mini books (one with photos to colour, one with no photos – students must add their own). There is also a differentiated writing activity included with a rubric!
This book is great for building vocabulary on vegetables, colours and numbers! This is also great to be used in conjunction with your Healthy Eating unit and can be incorporated into your literacy centres.
This set includes:
- Whole page story (I like to print mine on cardstock and laminate it for durability)
- Half page story with pictures
- Half page story without pictures (students can read the sentences and add in pictures that correspond with the sentence)
- Modelled journal entry on favourite fruit (with sentence stems)
- Journal entry page (no sentence stems)
- Rubric for the journal entry